Monday, June 17, 2019

Ian's High School Graduation


Johnny did chores while I drove to Traumhof for Ian's high school graduation. Too bad I forgot to take my camera to the ceremony. Thankfully his parents sent me the ones they took so I could add them to this post. Otherwise this post would mostly be photos I took of the new chicken palace at Traumhof. I'm told it isn't quite finished... the windows will still get shutters...








 During the day, the chickens happily occupy the old garden spot.


  
Jessica's favorite chicken, Betty, has a sore foot so they soak it daily. Jessica is feeding her grain and petting her while Nina, Ian's other grandma who has also come for his graduation, watches.


 All of Traumhof  is bedecked in flowers... including around the raised bed garden.




 ...and front porch...








Since graduation was not until 7 in the evening, Jessica fixed a wonderful mid day meal for us. It was as delicious as it looks.





The only photo I got of Ian was when I first arrived and he was taking a bucket with two tiny mice in it out to give them a new home in the woods... rather than in the feed room of the barn.





Fortunately, Jessica has sent photos she took after graduation. Here is Ian with his mom and dad, who were responsible for finding (and paying for) the private school that allowed him to advance at his own speed (fast).


 Here he is with his consulting teacher, Erica, who managed to turn the ultimate procrastinator into a get-it-turned-in-on-time kid who spent his senior year taking very tough courses and getting all As in them... and being accepted into the Univ. of Washington.






 And, to prove I was there, here I am. All I contributed to his education was to drag him out of school every fall to go with me to Ashland and watch plays at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.



 Ian graduated in the top 10% of all high school graduates in Washington. Congrats, Ian! (photo by Kevin)




No comments:

Post a Comment