Friday, June 7, 2019

Bird Surveys and Flowers







Although the May Black Oystercatcher survey is over, I have two nests to continue monitoring, so I am still going to the coast at least once a week and hiking. I love it. Above is the area with the two nest rocks. Below is the rock with a nest where I can see it, facing land instead of the ocean.


Here is a BLOY on her nest.


 And trading off incubation duties with her mate.


 Not all my sites are so easy to access. I got lost trying to get to one of them. But found some lovely ocean views... wherever I was...




 Meanwhile, back on the farm, the baby Barn Owls are growing up. Here they peek out of the loft one evening...



In the house, two orchids are still blooming...

 





 In the jungle room, four Amaryllis are blooming, one red and three this color...



Johnny helped with many of the May BLOY surveys, until haying preparation with its equipment fixing took over. When the fields dry from today's rain and the weather looks clear for long enough, he will start cutting hay. Never a dull moment on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment