Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beautiful Horses and a Wildlife Refuge


It was a pleasure to watch daughter-in-law Jessica's two magnificent dressage horses the last couple days, preparing for the first show of the year at the end of March. Pictured is Elisienne (Lily) with rider/trainer Nicki on a walk after Lily's workout. Such an elegant horse. Her six-year-old son, Rudi, is just as spectacular.

I need to have a talk with my Nightingale, also six. Maybe it would help if I showed her a video of what another six year old is doing... collected canter and flying changes... while I'm still having steering problems with Nightingale. Although I suppose the difference could have something to do with the rider...



After the rides were over today, I stopped at the Tualatin National Wildlife Refuge on my way home, walking their trails for the first time. Quite a few families were also walking the trails on this lovely Saturday afternoon. A Pileated Woodpecker posed for me. But the most spectacular views were of the bare-branched trees and dramatic sky over the restored floodplain in this refuge. After so much rain, a day like today seemed particularly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment