Saturday, April 2, 2022

A Wildflower Walk

 On March 29, after deadheading daffodils until my sciatica screamed STOP!!, I hiked through the woods (my sciatica loves when I walk... does not like bending down and straightening up.) The first wildflowers are blooming, carpeting the forest floor. I took a zillion photos. Well, of more than wildflowers...

Spring Azure butterfly

One of the many Cardamines, also called toothworts and spring queens and more

Wood Violet

cardamine

more cardamines

The Chocolate Lily is in bud

sessile trillium

Claytonia sibirica is another with many common names. I call them candy flowers

Greater Bee Fly (maybe)

Tiger Lily just coming up


some sort of Anglewing, I think

First Bleeding Hearts to bloom

Oregon Bluebells in bud

Common Mergansers on the creek

Western Sweet Coltsfoot

The Southwest wildflower meadow after Johnny's blackberry mowing (and before the wildflowers are up, except wild strawberries, which are thick)

That was Tuesday, March 29. Today, Saturday, April 2nd, I walked through the woods again and took more photos. That story on another blog post. It's spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment