Thursday, July 22, 2021

Baby Goats and More

 My last doe to kid for the year came right on time on July 12 with two beautiful doelings. Cleopatra is a very protective mom and tries to keep her children hidden under the hay feeder, so it's been a challenge to get photos of them. As they get older and more independent, hopefully I'll have better luck. For now, this is the best I can do:

 





 

Otherwise, the garden keeps me busy, watering early every other morning, picking strawberries and blueberries as they ripen, trying to keep up with veggie harvesting. I was mowing but the fire danger has made me stop... plus nothing is growing in this drought except where I water and I don't water the grass. 

Johnny, meanwhile, has been spending a lot of time helping out at Kevin and Jessica's place in Washington, building an extension on their chicken house for one thing, replacing steps at Jessica's parents' place for another. Here at home he is busy helping 91-year-old neighbor Irv get his firewood in for the winter plus repairing equipment here and doing much more.

The Lawn Llama continues to sport appropriate clothing for the month. In July it has changed attire from 4th of July...


to National Ice Cream Month (yes, July really is National Ice Cream Month)...


And just today, the llama switched to celebrating National Watermelon Month. Yes, honest, July is also National Watermelon Month. 


Considering all the fires in Oregon right now, I thought celebrating anything with water involved would be good. In fact, there was a small brush fire today just a few miles from us. The fire departments have been kept busy with small fires all over the area. Lucky for us the smoke from the big Oregon fires south of us is blowing eastward so our skies are clear. So far.

For those who get my blog posts by email, the word was that service would stop in July. Now it is scheduled to stop in mid August. So after that, you will have to come to this website to view them. https://lindafink.blogspot.com  Please come! You wouldn't want to miss *good* baby goat photos, whenever I manage to get them. ...And the continuing lawn llama apparel changes... I'll try to start posting those on the first of every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment