Sunday, December 15, 2019

Technology Woes and First Snow


Since my photos are essential to my blogs, my monthly humor column for a goat paper, and also to some of my bird surveys and other projects... when my computer refused to load them, I panicked. At the same time, my printer started refusing to print. When I checked the cartridges, one had disappeared. When I stuck my finger in where it had been, I found chunks of ink. Now I was really panicking. 

So I called our computer guru fixit person, Matt Huegli. (If anyone reading this lives in Oregon in Dallas, McMinnville, Grand Ronde or any points within that triangle, and probably outside of it, call Matt if you need computer help. Or email him: matt.huegli@comcast.net )

Not only does Matt fix computers, he calms hysterical technology-phobes like me. Matt fixed the computer photo loading issue, hooked up the new printer he told me I needed, and calmed me down. So here I am, back to blogging with photos, all thanks to Matt.

We woke up on December 1st to the first snowfall of the year. And, so far, the only one. I took lots of photos of tracks in the snow. Now I can finally post them.


Bounding deer tracks


Sedately walking deer tracks

Dog tracks and cat tracks. It always helps to have the animal making the tracks in view.

Our driveway

Large dog (Mister McCoy) tracks

Bird tracks... maybe Great Blue Heron?

lots of tracks


horses playing in the snow





Quail enjoying the seed I threw on top of the snow

The view from the horse field
 With the weather becoming iffy, we hurriedly did our two raptor runs... one on Dec. 3 and one on Dec. 5. Photos and story next blog post...


No comments:

Post a Comment