Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Science Works in Ashland


Ian has just sent me these photos he took with his phone while we were in Ashland. I did not haul my camera around (except on our hikes) so kept asking him to take photos.

Steve and family had arrived a couple days after we did. We met them Thursday morning at ScienceWorks Museum. What a great place.

Steve became mesmerized by this giant kaleidoscope type thingie. He said he could watch it all day.


But there was way too much to see there to spend much time at any one station. The bubble room was my favorite. Below Steve and Kestrel create bubble shapes at the bubble wall.






All three of them are inside a giant bubble of their own creation.


Below Cedrus creates a giant bubble.


There's an outside portion of the museum, too. but I have no idea where this tube was or if they were supposed to be walking on it. Munazza and I retreated to do Qi Gong after the noise and stimulation inside the museum and I did not notice this tube.


This climbing wall has geologic time on it. The sign encourages visitors to climb through time.


Kestrel and Cedrus did.


Steve and Ian also did and both managed to get clear on top of the wall which I don't think people are supposed to do.

That evening we watched the Green Show on the bricks at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. This night the Uganda Children's Choir performed high energy songs and dances.






Everywhere inside and outside festival buildings were these wonderful welcoming signs. I asked Ian to take a photo of one for me.


It was nice to spend a week in a place where everyone is truly welcomed and honored, as actors on stage and as audience members. Oregon Shakespeare Festival is dedicated to diversity in their company members. All the actors are superb, whether they are deaf or hearing, black or white or any other hue, male or female, disabled or able-bodied.

Ian and I are looking forward to next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment