Friday, December 11, 2009

More Frozen Stories

The pond has saved my back this week. Although it is almost entirely frozen over with quite deep ice, one pocket by the dam overflow remains open. I dip my bucket into this little pool and carry the water to the horses, just on the other side of the dam. The stock panel Johnny erected to keep the beaver away from the overflow is working beautifully to hold the ice on the far side.





I hiked down to Agency Creek today to see if there were any icicles to photograph. There were not, but to my surprise only a small stream of open water remains. The creek is lined with ice. I don't think I've ever seen this happen here before.




It is supposed to warm and rain tonight. The freezer was repaired yesterday and today I moved the food back in. Let the world thaw, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment