Sunday, August 5, 2018

Photo Memories

After I wrote this blog, grandson Ian sent a photo he must have taken on August 21, 2017, at our Total Eclipse and 50 1/2 year wedding anniversary party last summer. Thanks, Ian!





I found some really old scans of photos and started to write a blog called Blasts from the Past. Then I found this unpublished blog of family photos I had found earlier in the depths of my computer. So I'm combining them and hopefully will remember to publish it this time. The Blasts from the Past are at the bottom.

Jessica's photo of Ian and Kevin before they go to watch Hamilton 3/4/18


Munazza, Cedrus, Kestrel & Steve after watching The Matrix 2017

Munazza, Firdos, Sidra, Ali, Faiza, Steve, Johnny, Dad, Eric  July 2000


Monica and JP

Munazza, Steve, Kestrel, Grandma (Linda), Cedrus

Dad's 80th birthday in "Mom's cart" that she bought as a lawn ornament and Dad refurbished for me


Dec. 07 Linda, Dad, Rhoda, Sharon, Elladine, Bob

Nov. 2001, Dad and Ian

Nov. 2001, Jessica and Ian

Oct 2004, Ashland  Rob, J.P., Munazza, David, Faiza, Steve


Kinnera 2003 with Finegan and Hazel

Ian's first goat visit, March 02

Sarah March 02
Kestrel and Grandpa  Christmas 2007
And here are the Blasts from the Past that I found more recently...

 Imp standing in 4 states at once in 1967 on our (Johnny and my) way from Illinois to Wyoming. Imp was the first foal I raised and the love of my teen-aged life. He was out of my first horse, Lady, bred to the Morgan stallion I rode in shows as a teenager for Fred Dzengolewski, back in Illinois. Imp was named after my beloved grandmother Inga Marie Pederson (IMP), who never met Imp and was *not* a horse person, but he was born on her birthday, so...


Imp being a pack horse in Wyoming...


Below is a photo of my late brother, Bob Foley, with his beloved hydroplane, the Full House Mouse. He was always as nuts about boats as I was (am) about horses.


Our dad, Frank Foley, before I knew him. He shared a love of boats with my brother and a love of horses with me.



I wish I had some of Mom. She hated having her picture taken (as do I!) and died before the age of digital photos. I will try to get some old prints scanned in someday by someone... can't get my printer/scanner to work...



Johnny and me at friends' Deni and Bob's 25th wedding anniversary in 1991


Now here's a change of pace... two scanned photos from our early years in goats. GCH Fink Family Farm Deedee was from our Alpine doe Alderwood Deelux and our Nubian buck Bar-Crest Tago. Not only was Deedee a Grand Champion Recorded Grade in the show ring, she produced over ten tons of milk in her lifetime, still milking at age 11, and having produced Grand Champion Fink Family Farm Gigi who went on to win many Grand Championships and Best in Show at the Oregon State Fair over 390 entries in 1988. She was still milking at age 13.


Deedee's twin sister, Fink Family Farm Delilah also produced over ten tons of milk, still milking at age 11, having specialized in multiple births. Here she is as a 3 year old with quintuplets in 1979. The next two freshenings she had quadruplets. She had 26 kids in her lifetime. No wonder we had too many goats!




No comments:

Post a Comment